Monday, July 6, 2015

Bits of Everything

I've been abroad the last two weeks, visiting my spiritual homeland of England, and when we came home I discovered my first box of books awaiting me. That was a nice way to cheer myself up at the end of a holiday.

I've also signed up to do a book festival in my former hometown of Collingswood NJ in October. I'm very excited about that.

My husband's co-worker bought a copy of Strange Business for his wife and apparently she likes it. She said it was a bit like the show 'Angel'. I'll take that as a compliment, that's for sure.

Speaking of reviews, Strange Business will be reviewed in The Book Breeze in July. I'm really nervous and excited about that.

I did get my first rating on Goodreads - 3 stars. Not too shabby.

It's funny when you put your book out there, it's just completely on its own, and you can't help but hope that it does well.

Well, if I'm honest with myself, what I really hope is that it becomes a runaway best-seller and Oprah mentions it on her show. Probably won't happen, but a girl can dream.



No comments:

Post a Comment