Saturday, May 30, 2015

Welcome to my author blog!

Never really thought I'd be here, actually. I've wanted to 'be a writer' since I was eight years old, and I wrote off and on in high school in college - poetry, short stories, that sort of thing.

As a grown up I started more than one novel, and I did, for a while, think that maybe I'd get something published, but I didn't, and life got in the way, and I stayed at wanting.

Then, in 2010, I actually sat down and started writing a story, based on an on-line conversation I'd had a year of so before. It started coming together, and before I knew it I had a first draft.

That I promptly ignored for another year.

They say that's a good thing, and maybe it was, because when I went back to it, and edited, and revised, and finally got it to a point where I thought 'now what do I do?'

A dear friend from college had been published by Wild Rose Press, and she encouraged me to submit to them as well. Which, after some dithering, I did.

It was rejected.

Okay, not really. The editor told me to make some changes and resubmit - and I did. And she liked it.

And the rest, as they say, is history.

There's more to the story, of course, but this is a good place as any to stop.


No comments:

Post a Comment